Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Greek Islands Scooter Rally

I finally committed and booked my air ticket to Athens, Greece, for the Modern Vespa Greek Islands Scooter Rally! Wow! A small group of scooterists will spend about 10 days scooting around (on rented scooters) in May 2009. (Interested? See the Yahoo! Group MVGISR for details.)

After some thought, I decided it would be best for me to take my own helmet. I have a full-face HJC FS-10, which I really love for its integrated sun visor. It fits my head well too. So I did a Google search for motorcycle helmet, air travel, and found that many people have hand-carried their helmets on planes, both domestic and international.

Then I did a search for bags to protect the helmet (and also to make myself less weird-looking, carrying a helmet in airports). The cheapest one I saw is $13 (U.S.). The one I like best is $30 (U.S.). When I was at AmeriVespa last July, I saw a guy with a backpack designed to carry a helmet. It looked very odd -- imagine the size and shape of a full-face helmet sticking out from your back! Uh-huh. So, no backpack for me.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger The Pink Half said...

Hi Mindy, see you at the rally - looking forward to it!

March 21, 2009 10:04 AM  
Blogger mose said...

Hey Mindy, I've been anxiously watching for your report on the Greek Islands Scooter Rally. Hope everything went well.

June 04, 2009 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home