Thursday, July 31, 2008

New Vespa dealer in Florida!

About three weeks ago, a new store in the Scooter Superstore chain opened in Gainesville, Florida! That means I can have dealer service done right where I live! Hooray!

Address: 203 NE 39th Avenue, Gainesville, FL 32609

Phone: (352) 373-3436

Look for the blue sign that says Vespa Piaggio. I stopped in yesterday and met Todd and Robert, the manager and (so far) sole employee. Both were very nice and enthusiastic about scooters. Their Web site is not so great, but the store is one of the nicest I have seen anywhere. (No, they are not paying me to say this! But they did give me a free T-shirt.)

I'd also like to give a shout out to Freedom Power Sports in Kennesaw, Georgia. They did a "second first service" on my scooter on July 22, after I had put 500-plus miles on her in three days. Chip was my mechanic, and I really liked the style and customer care there. They didn't give me any freebies (except a cold bottle of water, which I really appreciated), so this is just a customer recommendation.

I've seen mechanics' bays in several different motorcycle shops, and theirs was rather awe-inspiring. Clean, well-lighted, lots of big power lifts, and happy mechanics. Happy customers too, from what I could see.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Frank Miller said...

This is good news. Vespas are great one of the best scooter companies out there.

Best,
Kyle Park
http://www.motorized-scooters.net

August 01, 2008 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home