Sunday, January 04, 2009

My first new tire

At 3,330 miles on the odometer, I realized that the tread on the rear tire was pretty ... gone. Worn flat. So yesterday I went to my dealer and had a new one put on. He recommended a Michelin tire instead of the Pirelli that comes standard on the LX 150. I said sure.

Total cost (including service) was $97 (with $48 of that for the tire).

I did not replace both front and rear, mainly because the front tire still has very deep tread.

The dealer warned me to ride cautiously for the first 30 miles on the new tire. He said the surface treatment of the tire might make it slip, but this surface will be gone after 30 miles.

I have had my scooter for 13 months now!

5 Comments:

Blogger Baron's Life said...

I don't see why you had to change the tire at such low mileage? Did the dealer indicate it was alright and within the life expectancy of the tire?

January 06, 2009 6:53 PM  
Blogger Mindy McAdams said...

The Pirelli tires apparently do not last very long. My tire had a completely bald strip about two inches wide.

January 06, 2009 10:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Im at 1,650 miles on mine and it blew while going like 30 mph. Kinda scary but I noticed only one side of the tire was bald and the middle and other side were like brand new. Trying to figure out why this would happen. I have a 50cc scooter if that helps. I called the dealer where I got mine from and its 35 for the tire and 55 for the labor....Holy $hit! I guess Im gonna have to bite the bullet and get it today

August 20, 2009 1:21 PM  
Blogger Mindy McAdams said...

Hey, Eliver, was that a Pirelli tire on a Vespa, or some other make?

August 20, 2009 6:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Actually it wasnt a Vespa and it wasn't a Pirelli tire either. I honestly don't know what kind of scooter it is but I know its a 50cc . I know the tire is some foreign brand I had never heard of starting with an H. I think I have to wait 2 days 'til I can get the scooter down to the dealership which sucks because I work the next 2 days. This was supposed to be my backup ride to work and now Im down to no vehicles, ouch.

August 21, 2009 12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home