Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Even in Florida, winter

It's been alternating rain and cold here in Florida, so I have no exciting rides to write about for this month. I ride my scooter every day, but most of the trips are pretty short. My daily commute is less than 2 miles each way. Even so, I have put more than 100 miles on her in the last month. Earlier this week the odo rolled over 400.

The other night I had to ride home for about 5 miles in a light rain, and about 1 mile of the road has been stripped for repaving. The road surface is now rough and scored all over with small ridges, mostly parallel to the road direction, but occasionally skewed to the diagonal.

Quite unpleasant on 10-inch wheels in the rain! A little shimmy left and right, and all you can do is go along with it.

Still no information about the 2008 Amerivespa rally, but I'm planning to go!

P.S. I added a new Amazon "store" link at the left. Some of the books are ones I own and some are just on my wish list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home